Monday, September 28, 2015

Ephraim

Over the Labor Day weekend we went to visit the in-laws in Sanpete County. Wendy wasn't with me, so I dragged the hubs along with me. We asked where would be good hiking spots, and it was hard to find anything. The in-laws suggested hiking up to the tower that's on the side of the mountain close to Ephraim Canyon. Grandma stayed home with the boy, and Grandpa took the girls on a flat easy walk on the dirt road, and we set off. This hike was pretty difficult for me, but not super hard for the hubs. It was literally uphill just about the whole way. I don't think the Sanpete Valley is particularly pretty, but the hike offered some cool views. 
 I spy some little girls and Grandpa:


 I had to stop so many times, my legs were dead!
 Getting closer!

 Finally we made it to the top!







 Proof that we were there!

 Lots of farmland
 And a nice red faced selfie of me:
 The sun peeking up over the mountain:
 On the way down, we literally ran at least 3/4 of the way. It took us 34 minutes to get up and 17 to get down! There's lots of loose rocks so be careful as you descend.
Here's the view of the tower from the bottom:
All in all it was a great workout. I think it was just about a mile to it, so 2 miles out and back. My legs were so sore for days after! To get to the trailhead, head up the road that goes toward Ephraim canyon. Right after the curve in the road, turn right into the neighborhood and continue on the dirt roads through the farms. That's about as good of directions as I can give you haha. I'm sure a local would be of more help!

No comments:

Post a Comment